Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose.

~Roll mouse over photo to derobe~

There were a number of drugs present in Heath Ledger’s system when he died. According to the toxicology report, “Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine.”
This is widely being reported my many news sources but very few people are talking about EXACTLY what these drugs are and what they are capable of doing. It’s shocking to say the least that a doctor would knowingly put Heath on this cocktail of super-depressants. Here is the 411 on the aforementioned drugs:

is an effective antitussive (anti-cough) agent, and as an opiate it is also an effective analgesic for mild to moderate pain control.
it is now considered that a dose of 15 mg (1/4 gr) of Hydrocodone is equivalent to 10 mg (1/6 gr) of morphine.

Oxycodone aka OxyContin is a central nervous system depressant. Oxycodone’s action appears to work through stimulating the opioid receptors found in the central nervous system. Those opioid receptors are what drives the dependence. They tell your body it needs more of what your giving it.

Diazepam is commonly known as Valium. It is an anxiolytic-sedative drug useful in the symptomatic relief of anxiety and tension states. Nasty thing about valuum is the side effects can rarely be anticipated. You never know what it’s gonna’ do.

Temazepam marketed under brand names Restoril, Euhypnos, is a very strong sedative (I’m sure you see the theme forming here.) Temazepam acts (very) quickly to induce sleep. It is generally prescribed for the treatment of short-term severe or debilitating insomnia.

Alprazolam commonly known as Xanax is called a ‘tranquilizer’ in the medical community. In the short-term, it relieves symptoms of anxiety or the treatment of anxiety disorders.

DOXYLAMINE (UnisomĀ®) is an antihistamine commonly used as a nighttime sleep aid.

Hope this helps everybody. Our prayers go out to the Ledger family.

Comment (1) “Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose.”

JoyceFebruary 6, 2008 @ 5:18 pm

Why does being a celebrity makes you do all these drugs? It must be an awful life. These folks are dropping like flies

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.